Steven Vladem, Ph.D., D.Sc.
Enlightenment through Adversity
You will find this heartwarming inspirational story of triumph over blindness and other medical problems to be enlightening and illuminating. It will brighten your day, lift your spirits, and affect your emotions.
Experience the feeling of
encountering the threat of impending blindness and dealing with transplant rejection. See the world through cone shaped eyes. The speech will forever change the way you look at the world. Your attitudes about people with disabilities will be transformed.
You will learn about the miracle of transplantation from a two time cornea transplant recipient and the resilience of the human spirit.
Listen to the speaker's latest humanitarian projects which will result in saving thousands of lives all over the world and lay the groundwork for world peace. Learn how a shy, introverted, and uncoordinated individual with physical handicaps can become a powerful leader and a courageous hero. After you hear this compelling speech, you will want to live your life to the fullest and accomplish great things!
The perfect speech for these difficult and turbulent times!
Hear this incredible story before it becomes a bestselling book and a major Hollywood motion picture starring one of Hollywood's finest actors!
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS include:
AWARDS AND HONORS include:
- Star of Distinction, international Congress on Arts and Communications, St. John's College, Cambridge University, England, 1992
- Medal of Merit, Republic of Peru, 1992
- Albert Einstein Medal, Holland, 1994
- international Man of the Year, IBC, 1991 -92
- Certificate of World Leadership, IBC, 1990
- "One in a Million" Medal and Testimonial, IBC, 1990
- "Grand Ambassador of Achievement" International Award, 1991
- World Biographical Hall of Fame, 1991
- Golden Academy Award for Lifetime Achievement, AB1, 1991
- John W. Rogers "Educator of the Year" Award, Junior Achievement, 1990
- American Legion - Gold Medal School Leadership Award, 1967
Finalist, U.S. National Memory Championship, New York City, 1997
CIVIC LEADERSHIP AND PHILANTHROPiC SERVICE:
- Working on the establishment and development of eye banks and transplant procurement centers in countries where transplantation is not
currently being done.
- Developing a unique "flying eye bank" program for remote parts of the world
- Torch for Global Inspiration Award for work in transplant awareness, 2000
- Support group leader, outreach volunteer - National Keratoconus Foundation - Los Angeles, CA
- National Coalition for Health Care Reform (Board of Directors)
- Champion in Alzheimers Research Award, Alzheimers Association of Amenca, 2000
- Nominator of Colonel's Way Award for State of Illinois, 2000
- Ambassador for laureates inducted in Business Hall of Fame, Chicago Association for Commerce and Industry, 1990
- Arranged for high school students to provide volunteer community service in hospitals, offices of charitable institutions, and governmental organizations
- Instrumental in linking the business world with the public schools
- Patron, numerous arts associations and charitable organizations