Loretta Woodward Veney, CPP
Superior Training Solutions
- Assert Yourself with Confidence
- Stop Listening to Hear, Start Listening to Learn Superior Communication Skills
Superior Customer Service
- Superior Leaders
- Superior Conflict Resolution Skills
- Stress Management Solutions
- Self-Esteem Solutions for Women
- 10 Steps to Managing Like a Pro
- Stop Listening to Hear, Start Listening to Learn — Listening involves more than using your ears.
- Say What You Mean ! — Stop saying to yourself, "Next time I'm going to say" or "I should have said". Say it right the first time.
- How to Make a Point Without Making an Enemy ! — The words we choose have a great deal to do with the results we get.
- Assert Yourself With Confidence ! — Stop allowing others to take advantage of your kindness.
- Do It With Spunk ! — The Roadmap for Living With Passion.
- Walk Your Talk ! — Your actions speak much louder than your words.
- 10 Steps to Managing Like a Pro ! — Be effective and Respected.
— Being who you are and loving every minUte of it.
- Superior Leaders ! — Unlock the leader in you.
- Superior Leadership in Stressful Times ! — Manage stress effectively.
Loretta W. Veney is a security management professional with more than sixteen years experience in the security industry. She has managed security operations for both contract security companies and a large telecommunications company. Her current role began in 1998 with the formation of her own company, which focuses on training and performance improvement. Her training career initially began in 1989 as part of her security manager responsibilities. She was responsible for the
training and continuous development of security officers, supervisors and central station personnel for more than eleven years. In addition to the security subjects that were required as part of their training, Loretta also presented courses on customer service, communication skills, leadership skills, and public relations to ensure that the security personnel were adequately prepared for their roles.
In addition to her security-training role, Loretta was also responsible for delivering a four-hour new employee orientation for non-security corporate employees on a weekly basis. Her presentations reached more than 2,700 employees over a three-year period. Her enjoyment of this role and her security-training role led Loretta to pursue more training endeavors. In 1994, she began giving presentations and speeches at a variety of professional
security associations and community organizations. Her desire to be the best led her to become a certified security instructor in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Her love of people and excellent communication skills make Loretta's presentations a motivational experience. She joined the adjunct faculty of Webster University in Washington, D.C in 1997, where she teaches graduate
level security management courses. She joined the adjunct faculty of The George Washington University in 2002 where she teaches Criminal Investigations to students in the Forensic Science Master's Degree program.
Loretta holds a BA in Political Science from the Catholic University of America and a Master's Degree in Criminal Justice / Forensic Science from The George Washington
University in Washington, D.C. She is a member of the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) where she has held a variety of leadership positions since 1989, including Chapter Chairman for Washington D.C. and Regional Vice President for D.C., Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia. In 1992, Loretta also tested for and received the Certified Protection Professional (CPP) designation from ASIS. She is currently serving a three year term on the ASIS Board of Directors. She is also a
member of the National Speakers Association (NSA) and the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD).
Loretta is the founder and owner of Superior Training Solutions, a training company geared towards motivating and preparing professionals to perform at their absolute best. She resides in Clinton, Maryland with her husband, Tim, and their Dalmatian, Measles.