Presents a training on
BECOMING A MORE
This workshop provides 25 hours of comprehensive training for improving conflict management, communication, negotiation, and decision-making skills. Participants will learn ways and means of assuming leadership in resolving disputes or complaints.
Exercises will expand understanding of perspectives, creativity and how to become a better listener. Information will focus on becoming a better manager of difficult people. A transformation process that expedites group dynamics and moves people to change will be offered.
This training process includes demonstrations, skills development, discussions and exercises
that provide real life situations and relevant interactive experiences that work in professional, home, and institutional and social settings.
- Communication and Conflict
- Diversity and Stereotyping
- Managing Change and Stress
- Target Words
- Team Building
- Thinking and Time Management
- A police officer said, "...I was skeptical that they [the trainers] would advocate mediation as a panacea. Instead, they provided
thoughtful and thought-provoking training."
- A North Carolina judge said, "I called upon Kestner and Ray to provide sophtsticated and discerning training to my colleagues. I rated the training, A+."
- A government manager said, "I needed information that was practical and usable. Kestner and Ray surely delivered.
- An Ohio lawyer said, "Kestner and Ray are the ideal training combination. They bring different perspectives and backgrouniLs and are
able to translate their experiences into valuable lessons for trainees."
U.S. Department of Justice
U.S. Health and Human Services
U.S. Department of Transportation
American Soc. of Association Executives
Comrnunity Associations Institute
American Management Association
National Legal Aid and Defendants Association
Legal Services Corporation
Howrey & Simon's Bancroft School Initiative
Superior Courts of Delaware and the District of Columbia
Minnesota Association for Court Administration
FBI Training Academy
Oklahoma Adlministrative Office of the Courts
Bar Associations: Tulsa, Kalamazoo and Michigan State, Houston, and District of Columbia
American Association of Retired Persons
Departirients of Aging in Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, and Delaware
Oklahoma Neighborhood Services, Inc.
Law Schools at Pepperdine, and Ohio State Universitics
American Trial lawyers Association
American Bar Association
Mayor's Office, District of Columbia
Miami IJniversity of Ohio
Dispute Settlement Center, Durham, NC
Mediation Services of Greensboro, NC
Asheville, NC, Mediation Services
Charlotte, NC, human Relations Dept.
Maryland State Police
Women Legislators of Maryland