Presenter that Teaches
A Message that Inspires
As the business economy heads into a
new and uncertain era, businesses everywhere are finding it difficult
to plan for the long-term future. Much of the economy's predictability
is gone - ideas, assumptions and courses of action that once seemed
to be common sense are increasingly being challenged.
The key question,
of course, is how to help your members take advantage of the opportunities
that are inherent in an uncertain future. Successful entrepreneurs
are able to control areas within their businesses that affect
their cash flow, profitability and growth.
Harvey Goldstein will provide your members with a realistic plan
to achieve their financial goals. This plan can be used at any stage
during the growth of their businesses. This will be their guide
The benefits your members will derive include:
- Improved cash flow
- Improved profitability
- Greater control over their financial destiny
- Improved management skills
- Effective time management
- Reduce stress and make more enjoyable
- Gain a better understanding of the financial side of managing
- Detect problems before they happen
- Learn to work smarter, not harder
No Jargon. Just Practical Solutions.
Businesses have unique challenges balancing the conflict of needs
for growth versus profitability. As a company grows, control becomes
harder. Your members must prepare a plan that matches their internal
strengths and resources with the external demands of customers and
competitors. Harvey will provide your members with a complete plan
to keep their businesses under control.
Harvey's systems approach to:
Leading and Motivating Employees
• Discovering the three things that drive entrepreneurs
• Developing three business goals that will last forever
and never change
• Learning the four strategies to achieve their goals
• Creating a plan for their companies' growth and profitability
• Understanding the long-term benefits of developing employees
• Determining why leadership is an essential ingredient
Developing a Marketing Strategy
• Learning how to get prospects knocking on their doors
• Knowing the difference between marketing and selling
so they can maximize their resources
• Learning effective ways to communicate frequently with
customers, potential customers, vendors and referral sources
Taking Control of Finances
• Understanding the difference between a budget and a
• Seeing how planning, financing and operating decisions
are reflected in financial statements
• Learning how to use financial statements to monitor
and evaluate their companies' performances and make more money
• Planning for revenues and growth with greater precision,
using solid business numbers as their guide
• Recognizing the financial situations that affect their
companies' bottom line
• Evaluating cash flow to see where the money is coming
from and where it's really going
With over 35 years of business experience, Harvey has been recognized
on both the national and local level. Harvey has:
• been appointed by past President Ronald Began to his National
Productivity Advisory Committee
• been appointed by past Governor George Deukmejian to his
California Small Business Development Board
• served as past Chairman to the Republican National Committee
Small Business Council
• served as Commissioner to the White House Conference on
• been named Accountant Advocate of the Year by the U.S.
Small Business Administration
• been recognized among "Who's Who in America"
• been recognized among "Who's Who in Finance"
Harvey has also made television appearances on CNN, CBS News, Daybreak
L.A., The Michael Jackson Show and many other programs. Harvey's
experience with the business community has led him to further assist
businesses by writing Up Your Cash Flow, cited by USA Today as one
of the 10 business books that "should be on every business
owner's bookshelf." He went on to develop a dynamic financial
planning software program also entitled, Up Your Cash Flow, which
allows business owners to plan and manage their businesses
better by having better control of their cash flow and profitability.
"The attendees left with a lot of information and "food
for thought" on cash flow management and business and financial
planning that they will be able to use and implement."
The Powder Coating Institute
"No theory. No jargon. No double talk. Just practical
solutions that will help."
Robert T. Shmaeff, Chairman
Western United Bank
is a partial list of associations Harvey has addressed:
• Specialty Equipment Market Association
• The Powder Coating Institute
• Pizza Today
• Printing industries Association Inc. of Southern California
• Painting & Decorating Contractors of America
• Associated Builders and Contractors
• National Association of Quick Printers
• The Young Entrepreneurs Organization
• Optical Lab Association
• World Wide Pet Supply Association
• California Association of Community Managers
On a scale of 1 to 10, we gave him a 20! Excellent program
with superior presentation.
Ray Sealy, Building Industry Association
Harvey knows how to grip an audience and get them motivated.
He's the program chairman's dream come true.
Cynthia Reynolds, Women in Management
The organizers of our seminar knew Harvey would get the highest
marks - but the evaluation sheets proved it. Nearly everyone commented
on his entertaining style and the valuable content of his speech.
Bell Atlantic Directory
Goldstein is an animated teacher intent on keeping his students
Harvey is our favorite speaker. . .we learn so much while
He was extremely well-received by our group. . .his speech
is not only thought-provoking, but also very entertaining.
His speech is funny, informative, and practical. Harvey presents
the kind of advice we all need and tend to forget.
Automotive Services Council
Harvey had the room hopping! The audience response was so great
that people were drawn in from across the hall.
National Federation of Independent Business