"The secret to marketing success is no secret at
all: Word of mouth is all that matters. In this thorough, useful book, Silverman tells you what matters. Buy it now. . . before your competition does."
— Seth Godin, author, Unleashing the Ideavirus
"A fabulous road map to highly effective, very inexpensive marketing. This book is word of mouth raised to an art form, and it's presented so that the techniques can be
used immediately. A well-written book by a well-versed expert."
— Alan Weiss, Ph.D., author, The Ultimate Consultant
There's no doubt about it — word-of-mouth marketing is the most powerful, persuasive marketing weapon
available. It drives consumers to try a product or service more than any other marketing technique.. . more than advertising, salespeople, direct response, and public relations combined! But if you're a professional marketer, how do you harness this influential force? Isn't word of mouth, by nature, out of one's control?
Far from it! In this authoritative, easy-to-read book, George Silverman (an expert in creating word-of-mouth "campaigns") lets you in on dozens of detailed techniques for how to launch your own highly successful "WOM" effort. The book includes:
- Thirty ways of capturing WOM, including: experts, seminars, workshops, the Internet,
videotapes, testimonials, hotlines, internal WOM, viral marketing, and many, many more.
- The unique and all-important Decision MatrixTM.
- The five secrets of "decision acceleration."
- The seven-step process and step-by-step guide for creating a WOM campaign.
- How WOM works differently in different stages of the product-adoption cycle.
Short stories about how several high-profile companies jump-started their success
- through WOM, featuring Harley-Davidson, Netscape Navigator, Apple Computer, and others.
- The six things you should do to benefit from WOM on the Internet.
- The unique characteristics of WOM— and when and why conventional marketing methods will fail.
- The five product types for which you should NOT use WOM.
In today's media circus, where aggressive television ads, flashy Web sites, and glossy brochures compete ever more frantically for consumer attention, word-of-mouth marketing is more crucial than ever. Let The Secrets of Word-of-Mouth Marketing show you how to ignite a campaign, then watch it spread like wildfire!
GEORGE SILVERMAN is president and founder of Market Navigation Inc., in Orangeburg, New York, a marketing consulting firm that specializes in creating multifold sales increases through generation of positive word of mouth. A former psychologist, Silverman has created WOM campaigns for many major companies, including dozens of Fortune 500 companies.