Career & Workplace Strategist
Top-selling author, consultant, Fortune 500 executive, entrepreneur, educator, actor/lecturer — Dave Bowman — has helped many thousands discover their life passions, achieve success and find fulfillment through more productive careers.
Mr. Bowman is founder and chairman of TTG
Consultants, and is a nationally recognized authority on career and corporate transition. He offers "cutting edge" advice for job seekers/changers, and counseling for corporations on organizational effectiveness and change.
- Authored You’re In Charge of You!; The Job Game... Playing to Win!; Opening New Doors;
it's your Career!; Get The
Most $ From 9 To 5!; How Do I Find The Right Job? Ask the
Experts! (John Wiley). Currently writing a second book for
Wiley, A Funny Thing Happened On the Way Thru The interview
— a compilation of humorous job interview experiences.
- Frequent guest on radio & TV talk shows: NBC-TV, ABC-TV,
FOX-TV, CBS Radio, ABC Radio, NBC/Mutual Radio, KTLA, KCAL, KFI, KMOX, KSTP, KSDO, etc.
- Contributor to print media on career & workplace issues:
The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times,
USA Today, Washington Post, Miami Herald, investor's Business
Daily, Los Angeles Business Journal, to name only a few.
- Nationally known consultant on career development and corporate change: CBS, Time Warner, Sony, Viacom/Paramount, Lockheed Martin, Unocal,
Baskin-Robbins, Kinko's, Ernst & Young, Twentieth Century Fox, Sears, TRW, Olivetti, Toshiba, etc.
- University lecturer (UCLA — for over 10 years) on career strategy and advancement.
- Corporate management career: The Mead Corporation, USM Corporation (Marketing Man of the Year), Continental Can Company (directed sales and joint ventures in over 50 countries), and several entrepreneurial ventures.
- Avocation: Acting (Days Of Our Lives; General Hospital; Murder, She
Wrote; Hunter; Dallas and many on-camera and voice-over commercials).
- Education: Dartmouth College and Stanford Graduate School of Business.
His credo is "You do best what you best like to do, so DO IT!" He has helped so many do just that — and changed their lives in the process.
Anyone believing in "job security" today is clearly living in the past. Corporate mergers, restructurings and offshore manufacturing continue to cut hundreds of
thousands of jobs. The old employee/employer contract is dead and change is here to stay.
Today, promotions, raises, career advancement and future security are responsibility of the individual. Employees must keep their skills at "cutting edge" and manage their careers like the business it is! To do this, EFFECTIVE TACTICS AND STRATEGIES MUST BE APPLIED -and
DAVE BOWMAN HAS THEM! He's helped thousands "take charge" of their lives, careers and financial futures.
Mr. Bowman is founder and chairman of TTG Consultants, a Los Angeles consulting firm specializing in career and corporation transition. Some of his many clients include Baskin Robbins, Ernst & Young, Kinko's, NewsCorp, Olivetti, Paramount Pictures, Prudential, Sears, Sony
Tiffany, Time Warner, Toshiba, Unisys, Unocal and Wynn Oil — to name only a few.
Dave has written several best-selling books (John Wiley & Sons), and his "how-to-take-charge-of-your-career" advice has become a favorite on several national TV and radio talk shows. He's also spoken at national seminars, taught at major universities, and he's been featured in such publications as the
New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, USA Today, Washington Post, Miami Herald, Los Angeles Business Journal and Investor's Business Daily.
Dave's energetic, humorous style fires-up an audience, and confirms a belief that there IS a bright future in our changing, highly competitive job market and workplace.
- Secrets to Success In The New Economy & Workplace.
- Preventing Workplace Violence & Sexual Harassment.
Dealing with Difficult People: Turning Conflict Into Cooperation.
- You CAN Get That Raise & Promotion! Strategies That Work.
- How To Build A "High Performance" Team.
- How to Hire The Best And Avoid The Rest.
- Hot Jobs For The Decade Ahead—And Where They Are.
- Managing Change In Turbulent Times.
- 20 Ways To Survive A Merger/Reorganization/Downsizing.
- How To Earn 6-Figure
Incomes AT hOME!
- 30 Ways To "Dc-Stress Your Job.
- Job Security Secrets For 50's-Plus Employees.
- And Many, Many More!
With solid advice for all age groups, Dave has helped many thousands find and enjoy more productive, fulfilling careers. His credo is "You do best what you best like to do, so DO IT!"
Dave Bowman makes an excellent guest speaker, since your audience will learn how to successfully navigate the treacherous water of today's workplace and job market.